When you’re working live in the studio or out at an event in a large venue such as a stadium, the Blackmagic Design URSA Studio Viewfinder gives you everything you need to comfortably operate your URSA Mini in live production!
The bright 7” screen has a detachable sunshade and includes large handles and an articulated pivot mount that let you position and move the viewfinder independent of the camera! The large rotary control dials and customisable function buttons let you make on the fly adjustments without having to take your eyes off the action!
Set up is quick and easy using the included V-Lock plate and it connects directly to the SDI monitor and power output on your URSA Mini, so you don’t need additional cables or power supplies.
CineStore Part # CINEURSANSVF • Manufacturer Part # CINEURSANSVF
Usually ships within 3-5 business days.
The URSA Studio Viewfinder from Blackmagic Design is specifically built to provide studio viewfinder functionality to your URSA Mini camera. With a 7" screen, manual control knobs, camera ID/tally light, and a tension adjustable articulating mount, the Studio Viewfinder seamlessly integrates into a studio style workflow for relaxed camera operation at sporting events, concerts, or in the studio. Three manual knobs next to the view screen provide control over brightness, contrast, and peaking without having to dive into the menu system. A menu button on the left of the LCD screen allows you to quickly navigate the menu system and make adjustments, while three customisable buttons allow you to display a variety of exposure, focus, and framing guides including zoom, zebra, false colour, histogram, edge focus detection, custom LUT support, three adjustable frame line overlays, and audio meter display.
The URSA Studio Viewfinder is designed to mount on top of your URSA Mini camera. The articulating mount is tension adjustable so you can easily adjust it to the tension that suits you best.
7" LCD Viewfinder
Featuring a 1920 x 1080 IPS display, the viewfinder provides sharp, clear images with good off-axis viewing for when sudden camera moves don't allow for screen angle adjustment. It features a detachable sun hood and grab handles on either side for left or right-handed height adjustment.
Along the top of the screen is displayed your camera number (for multi-camera shoots), the screen resolution, fps, shutter speed, lens iris, camera gain, white balance, and battery power.
Three manual control knobs to the right of the LCD view screen allow you to adjust the brightness, contrast, and peaking sensitivity without the need to enter the menu system or take your eyes from the viewfinder.
- Peaking is a real-time focus assist tool that superimposes pulsing red lines over the area of your image with the most contrast, and therefore the most focus. This makes it easier to confirm that subjects are in focus.
Menu and Function Buttons
To the left of the view screen is a manual menu knob, plus three assignable buttons. The menu knob allows you to navigate the menu, and you can assign functions to the buttons.
- Zoom allows you to magnify any portion of the image, useful for checking focus while using the menu knob to select which part of the image is magnified.
- Zebra is a real-time digital exposure tool that indicates when subjects or parts of the frame are outside of the exposure threshold. The zebra pattern will appear on the parts of the image that have reached 100% brightness to warn that the area is overexposed and in danger of clipping.
- The False Color feature provides under/over luminance warning by presenting the image as a series of color values representing exposure.
- Red, Blue, or Green Only mode shows the image as monochrome utilizing only the red, blue, or green color components of the image.
- The Histogram overlay provides a graphic depiction of how many pixels in your image are at each level between black and white. This provides exposure information so you can objectively judge how much of your image is clipping, falling into the shadows, or being captured faithfully.
- The Luminance Waveform provides an objective evaluation of your video signal. It displays the brightness of your image on an IRE scale, allowing you to see if your image will clip and where your black levels are.
Three customizable frame guide overlays allow you to either create a custom aspect ratio, or use to define areas where graphics will be inserted downstream. Using the guides to approximate downstream graphics allows you to adjust your framing while taking these graphics into account.
On the talent side of the viewfinder is a tally light with replaceable acetate numbers to identify your camera to the talent or technical director. On the operator side of the viewfinder is a tally light that can light up indicating that the camera is providing the program picture. Please note that tally functionality requires a compatible tally over SDI connection.
SDI Video Input
1 x HD/Ultra HD 3G-SDI via BNC.
1 x 4 pin XLR 12V.
7" 1920 x 1200 resolution.
7" IPS LCD.
1 x USB type C connector for initial setup and software updates via Blackmagic Camera Setup software.
SDI VIDEO STANDARDS
HD Format Support
720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 425M 2084.
REC 601, REC 709.
Multiple Rate support
SDI switches between 1.5 Gb/s HD and 3.0 Gb/s 60P HD.
Dial, knobs and customizable function buttons for settings, short cut features and navigating menus.
Built in grab handles for positioning the monitor independently from the camera.
Position Adjustment Options
Variable tension pivot points for articulated arm and grab handles with forward, backward, up, down, pan and tilt adjustments.
Quick release V-lock mounting bracket for attaching viewfinder to URSA Mini handle.
Large LED tally light with customisable perspex camera numbers.
Detects camera information embedded in the SDI signal including status information, frame guides, focus peaking, tally, and more.
On screen meters and status information including Camera ID, resolution, frames per second, shutter speed, gain, white balance, camera battery level, and more.
3D Lookup Table Support
LUT support for loading custom LUTs.
Mac 10.14 Mojave, Mac 10.15 Catalina or later.
Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
12V power input via 4 pin XLR connected via URSA Mini 12V power output.
304 x 146.8 mm
0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
-20° to 60° C (-4° to 140° F)
0% to 90% non-condensing
Blackmagic URSA Studio Viewfinder
12 Month Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty.